The cost of owning a private jet is high, but chartering a flight can be even more expensive. Should you charter a private jet or buy your own?
Charting Private Jet
Chartering a private jet is a great luxury to have at your disposal. However, before you do regular practice of chartering one, there are several pros and cons to consider.
- Fewer Passengers – While flying chartered private jets may seem like a lavish experience, private pilots standing by 24/7, no lines at the baggage claim, and guaranteed seats in first class is a private jet charter. Really that much better than flying commercially? And would private jets even be possible if there weren’t stairs?
- Full Control Over Your Schedule – Private jet charter allows you to fly when and where you want. No more delays, no more long security lines, just you and your company board the jet and head to your destination.
- No Security Screenings – Most of the hassles of air travel can be avoided with a private jet charter. That is one of the primary reasons why people are willing to pay the private jet cost for the sake of convenience. People no longer have to endure long security lines and cramped airline seats. Instead, you can board your private jet at a nearby terminal and fly directly to your destination, often without going through security.
- No Baggage Restrictions – Travel from around the world swear by private jet charters, and this can help you avoid the baggage restrictions of commercial airlines. With a private jet charter, you can take along as many bags as you like without worrying about incurring a fee for excess weight.
- Prone To Weather Delays – For those wishing to charter a private plane, doing so comes with certain risks. From weather and air traffic control delays to mechanical failures, chartering a private plane isn’t without its challenges.
- The Cost – A private jet charter can cost well over $100,000 for a 1-way trip. In order to charter a private plane, you will have to contact a charter broker, who will determine the size of jet you need, as well as the number of passengers.
Owning a Private Jet
Owning a private jet is more than just flying somewhere whenever you want. Possessing a private jet is owning some of the most technologically advanced and beautiful airplanes in the world.
- Privacy – Owning a private jet is a luxurious thing to have. If you can afford one and are serious about flying, then this is a great way to travel. The greatest advantage, in my opinion, is privacy. You can control when, where, and whom you fly with when you have your own jet.
- Flexibility & Convenience – Owning a private plane is one of the most luxurious ways to enjoy flying. It offers the convenience of home and the ability to travel when and where you want.
- Access to More Airports – Owning a private jet is certainly a luxury for many. Private jets are generally quicker and more convenient than commercial flights. You also have access to the private airports that commercial planes cannot, which means you can often avoid security altogether and arrive at your destination much quicker.
- More Expensive – Owning a private jet can be exciting and glamorous. However, it is also expensive and requires a great deal of maintenance. The maintenance alone can cost hundreds of thousands a year when just starting. That said, buying and owning a private jet can be both a blessing and a curse.
- Requires More Planning – Owning a private jet requires more than just picking out a cool jet model. Transportation, maintenance, insurance, and other aspects aren’t typically covered in your base rate.
Private jet charters are growing in popularity. These flights allow you to fly in a flight without going through the extensive process of buying, maintaining, and flying the aircraft yourself. Chartering the desired aircraft is as easy as arranging a return trip. Your plane will be waiting for you on the ground when you arrive. The prices are quite reasonable.
Having said that, one of the biggest perks of flying private is that you don’t have to wait for a delayed flight. A private plane isn’t delayed by weather, mechanical issues, or long security lines.